Units under the Director's General Office are:
Director's General Office (DGO)
- Corporate and Knowledge Management Unit (UKPI)
- Research Management and Compliance Unit (RMC)
- ASEAN NCAP Operational Unit
Road Safety Engineering and Environment Research Centre (REER)The Road Safety Engineering & Environment Research Centre (REER) is organised into three units:
- Crash Data & Exposure Analysis Unit (CDE);
- Highway and Traffic Engineering Unit (HTE); and
- Intelligent Transport and System Development Unit (ITS).
- Provide for a continuously updated national accident and injury database;
- Map accident data using geographical codes, Road User Movement (RUM) accident code and digital code;
- Undertake diagnostic analysis on road accidents and assessment of safety interventions;
- Undertake research on safer road designs and road environment;
- Develop traffic models on traffic and transportation fa-cilities and;
- Carry out survey on vehicle which operate annually to assess Vehicle Kilometer Travelled rate (VKT) and Passenger Kilometer Travelled (PKT).
Road User Behavioural Change Research Centre (RUBC)RUBC performs in-depth research to help convert negative behaviour road user. From administrative aspect, this esearch centre has 3 units. Each unit has its own focus and specific scope of research in contributing to the general objective of enhancing road safety through positive behaviour . Administratively the Centre is sub divided into:
- Social Marketing and Education Enhancement Unit (SME2);
- Behaviour Analysis & Valuation Unit (BehAV); and
- Human Reaction @ Simulation Unit (HuRAS).
- Undertake research into the effectiveness of road safety campaigns, traffic calming measures, sociology of transport, enforcement, and psychology of road user behaviour,
- Assess the effectiveness of road safety knowledge through education, and
- Oversee and accredit driving institutes nationwide.
Vehicle Safety and Biomechanics Research Centre (VSB)Administratively, to ensure smooth work flow, the Centre is divided into three units:
- Crash Injury Sciences and Preventions Unit (CRIS-P);
- Crash Safety Engineering Unit (CRASE); and
- Crash Reconstruction Unit (CRU).
- Carry out crashworthiness investigation in the mechanics of injury, biomechanics and human tolerance to crash, including reconstruction of injury-related crashes;
- Undertake research on trauma care, post-injury treatment, emergency response and pre- and post-crash medical health;
- Review policies and current approaches towards improving Standard Opera-ting Procedures, Code of Practice and Industrial Standards through technical reports and publications as well as recommendations;
- Carry out validation tests on the impact of accidents; and
- Monitor and audit implementation of SHE.
Management Services Division (MSD)The Management Services Division consists of the following four (4) units:
- Human Resource Management Unit (HRM);
- Finance and Procurement Management Unit (FMP); and
- Development and Facility Management Unit (DAF)
Among the functions of the Management Services Division are:
- To ensure the efficient and effective implementation of proper management of integrated service for planning and administration needs of the organization and its customers.
- To ensure the Management Services Division is sensitive and responsive to the current needs and requirements.
- To be the reference point and expert provider in management services related matters for the wellbeing of MIROS.
- Prepare, propose and implement continuous improvement plans for the benefit of customers.
- To plan, administer, implement, monitor, control and manage related activities.
- To administer the monitoring system in ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of projects under the jurisdiction of the Management Services Division.