As a centre that will help and guide the ASEAN countries to reach a higher level of road safety performance, the centre’s role is to:
- Design and implement road safety programs based on science and arts for the region;
- Harmonize the standards, guidelines and methods of road safety activities for the region;
- Coordinate and collate the efforts of member countries for knowledge sharing purpose;
- Provide technical guidance and effective leadership to member countries;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the road safety program and initiatives by member countries; and
- Evaluate and validate road safety performance for member countries, combine and harmonize regional comparisons so as to represent regional road safety condition.